Friday, August 8, 2008

twofer

lkm made sure they were getting the right ankle done. she tagged my left ankle for insurance.

the operation went well. the doc was very happy with the PT tendon repair, and bonus! he found a completely different ruptured tendon in there! it was hiding behind the PT tendon. i forget the name of it, but it controls your 4 little toes on your foot. those are some of my very favorite toes, so i'm glad he found the damage and worked his jedi magic on it. and he said my achilles looked good - downright model sexy - and didn't need any repair.

so how rare is this injury and surgical repair? rare enough that the doc is going to publish a paper on it. i feel very special indeed.

this is my view for the next 6 (not 4) weeks. looks like a foot burrito, eh? right now lkm is at the library picking up murderball, which i'm sure will make me feel better about my injury. it'll probably also make me feel like a lazy wimp, but i do have a fair amount of hydrocodone flowing through my veins, so i'll get over it. found this while looking up murderball.

No comments: